This annual meeting ensures that you are making satisfactory research progress toward the PhD Degree.
Scheduling your Annual Committee Meeting (Yrs 3+)
- Poll Certification Committee members regarding availability
- Annual Committee Meetings must be held by August 31st, the conclusion of the current academic year. At least three of your committee members must attend your annual meeting, including your mentor.
- Ask a committee member to serve as your meeting’s chairperson (this cannot be your mentor).
- Reserve a meeting room for 2 hours. Annual Committee Meetings typically last 60 to 90 minutes.
- Complete the appropriate sections of the Annual Committee Meeting Form and save an electronic copy.
- Notify Program Coordinator of the date of your Annual Committee Meeting by May 15th of the current academic year by completing this online form: https://cancerbiology.wisc.edu/annual-committee-notification-form/.
Preparing for your Annual Committee Meeting (Yrs 3+)
- For detailed instructions and pointers, review the Cancer Biology Graduate Program Handbook.
- Written Report.
- Write an initial draft of your written report (1-2 pages) describing your accomplishments during the past year and outlining plans, including anticipated plans for publishing and ask your mentor for feedback.
- Writing is an iterative process. Be prepared for more than one round of feedback from your mentor.
- Oral Presentation.
- Create a 20-minute oral presentation focusing on your research progress.
- Practice your 20-minute presentation with your mentor and lab members and incorporate feedback into new presentation.
- Sharing your materials with your committee members.
- Distribute your written report, a completed copy of the Annual Committee Meeting Form, and meeting information to all committee members at least 10 days prior to your meeting.
- Send a meeting reminder a day before your meeting to all committee members.
- Bring a printed copy of your Annual Committee Meeting Form for the meeting chairperson to complete.
Following your Annual Committee Meeting (Yrs 3+)
- Return the completed and signed Annual Committee Meeting Form to your Program Coordinator.
You are required to have your Annual Committee Meeting (Yrs 3+) scheduled by May 15th of the current academic year and notify the Program Coordinator by completing this online form: https://cancerbiology.wisc.edu/annual-committee-notification-form/. Your Annual Committee Meeting (Yrs 3+) must be held by August 31st, the end of the current academic year.
Failure to submit required information with result with an academic hold being placed on your account and could result in late enrollment fees of up to $100 and delayed payroll.