Once a Certification Committee is established, you must hold your first committee meeting by August 31 of your first year. The goal of this meeting is to discuss appropriate coursework and briefly introduce your research project/direction to the committee. At least three committee members, including the Advisor, must attend. If necessary, you should meet individually with committee members who could not attend after the meeting. Students who do not meet with their committees in a timely fashion may be prevented from registering for the next semester.
Steps to Complete:
- Schedule committee meeting, designate meeting chair, and reserve room location (cannot be Advisor) by August 31.
- Committee meeting chair must be designated prior to the start of the meeting.
- Notify Coordinator of the scheduled date by submitting Annual Committee Meeting Notification Form online: https://cancerbiology.wisc.edu/annual-committee-notification-form/
- Distribute the project summary to committee members at least one week prior to the meeting and complete the first portion of the First Committee Form (Word Document).
- Bring a printed copy of your completed First Committee Form (Word Document) to your meeting.
- Your committee will hold an executive session and your designated chair will prepare a written evaluation.
- Obtain signatures on your First Committee Form (Word Document) and submit it to the Program Coordinator.